Tasty, Tangy Shrimp Tostada
This recipe comes from The Family Dinner by Laurie David. It's a great quick meal with no cooking involved.
- For the Citrus Shrimp
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno, seeds and white pith removed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and cilantro (optional)
- For the Cabbage Salad
- ½ small white cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small jicama or 1 medium-size seeded hot house cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- Chopped fresh mint and cilantro (optional)
- For the Fixings
- Tostada shells or tortilla chips
- Limes, cut in half
- Hot sauce
- A drizzle of Mexican crema or sour cream
- Mix all of the ingredients for the citrus shrimp together in a bowl and put this into the fridge for at least 10 minutes but no longer than 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together all the ingredients for the cabbage salad.
- Place a tostada shell or tortilla chips on a plate.
- Top with cabbage salad, then a layer of the shrimp.
- Add a dollop of guacamole, tomato salsa, and sour cream, if you'd like.