Spiced Chai Tea
Recipe type: drink
There are so many ways to make a delicious chai tea. Here is my favorite, but feel free to vary the amount and type of spices used.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into 4 slices
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 teabags of black tea
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- honey or other sweetener to taste
- Bring the water and spices to a boil in a pot.
- Reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the teabags and milk and simmer for an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove the teabags and sweeten to taste.
- Pour the tea through a strainer to catch the floating spices.
- You can also make this chai tea with green tea bags.