Roasting will bring out the natural sweetness of vegetables making them wonderfully rich and caramelized.
- Any combination of raw vegetables of your liking:
- Brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash
- New potatoes, unpeeled, cut in quarters
- String beans
- Sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut veggies into bite-size pieces.
- Place cut up veggies on sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over veggies and toss with your hands. (This step can also be done in a bowl and then transferred onto the sheet pan.)
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes, using a spatula to flip the vegetables from time to time.