Pi's Peppers & Anchovies
Recipe type: Appetizer
This appetizer also makes a great sandwich, or topping to a salad. The anchovies are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tin anchovy fillets
- Roast peppers under the broiler on a sheet tray, turning, until skin is charred.
- Transfer the peppers to a paper bag and close tightly.
- Let steam for about 15 minutes.
- Using paper towels, rub off skins; remove stems, ribs and seeds.
- Cut peppers lengthwise into strips.
- Place in bowl.
- Add garlic slices and 1 tablespoon olive oil to peppers.
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge, covered tightly.
- To serve, arrange peppers on a platter and top with the anchovies.
- Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Serve with crusty bread.