Mini Wonton Lasagnas
You can make 12 in a large muffin tin or 24 in a regular muffin tin. This recipe is also great as a standard lasagna in a 9"x13" pan using the Wonton Wraps. No need to boil noodles. I made these in the large muffin tin.
- 1 12-ounce package Won Ton Wraps (Nasoya makes a good one)
- 1 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking Spray
- Drain and squeeze water from the thawed spinach.
- Place spinach in a medium bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, oregano, and egg.
- Mix and set aside.
- Brown meat in a pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Add tomato sauce and salt and pepper to ground meat and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place a wonton wrap in each of the muffin cups.
- Add about a tablespoon of the spinach-ricotta mixture on top of each wonton and flatten slightly.
- Add about a tablespoon of the cooked ground meat on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese on top.
- Add another wonton wrap on top of each of the cups.
- Repeat process until you have 2 or 3 layers, depending on the size of your cups. I find that 3 layers works well in the large muffin cups, and 2 layers works better in the standard muffin cups.
- The last layer should be a wonton, sauce and then shredded cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the wontons are cooked and cheese is melted and golden brown.