Recipe type: salad
This light and healthy salad is from the Canyon Ranch cookbook, Nourish, though I've omitted the pita chips to make it gluten-free. You can add chicken or salmon to it to make a main course.
- 2 teaspoons sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac (a Middle Eastern Spice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup peeled and diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup diced red onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- For the dressing, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, sumac, water, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a separate larger bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Add the pine nuts and chopped mint and toss again.