Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Serves: Makes 24 Cookies
This recipe is from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, by Elana Amsterdam.
- 2 ¾ cups blanched almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill makes one)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (73% cacao)
- 1 cup dried fruit-juice-sweetened cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and cherries.
- Spoon the dough 1 heaping tablespoon at a time onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tops of the cookies look dry and start to crack – be careful not to overcook.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 20 minutes, then serve warm.