Cider-Cinnamon Brussels Sprouts
This recipe is from www.epicurious.com. I believe it was originally in Self magazine by Emily Malone. It’s a slightly sweet side dish offering a ton of fiber and more than half of your daily vitamin C requirement.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 large pear, diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts, cut-side down and cook until browned, about 10 minutes or so. Only flip once.
- Add apple and pear; cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add cider and cinnamon; stir and simmer until all of the liquid cooks away.