Bacon-Wrapped Apricots with Sage
Serves: Makes 24 pieces
This recipe was in Real Simple magazine back in December 2009, and I’ve made it many times for company. It’s a huge hit with adults, teens, and kids.
- 24 small fresh sage leaves
- 24 large dried apricots
- 8 slices of bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Toothpicks for serving
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place a sage leaf on each apricot, wrap with a piece of bacon, and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon begins to crisp, 6-8 minutes per side.
- Remove from oven and brush with maple syrup.
- Serve with toothpicks.