Serves: Makes 24 Skewers
This recipe is from Ellie Krieger, Registered Dietitian and chef on the Food Network. You can make this vegetarian by eliminating the turkey sausage and adding a cheese cube instead. It also makes great finger food for Super Bowl Parties.
- Cooking Spray
- 12 ounces fully cooked Italian-style poultry sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅔ cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces if large
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; mist with cooking spray. Add fully cooked chicken or turkey sausage; cook, turning 2 or 3 times, until warmed through and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Thread 1 small or ½ large basil leaf onto a small wooden skewer. Add a piece of roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato, artichoke, and sausage, arranging them on the skewer so that it can stand up on the sausage end. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make about two dozen skewers.