Serves: 12 Cups
This recipe is an adaptation of Ina Garten’s Homemade Granola recipe in The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. Basically, the difference is that I’ve used grapeseed oil in place of vegetable oil, and unsweetened coconut instead of sweetened coconut.
- 4 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- ¾ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups small-diced dried apricots
- 1 cup small-diced dried figs
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted dried cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the oats, coconut, and almonds together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil and honey in a small bowl.
- Pour the liquids over the oat mixture and stir with a spoon until all of the oats and nuts are coated.
- Pour onto a 13x18-inch baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the mixture turns golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Add apricots, figs, cherries, cranberries, and cashews.
- Serve with milk or yogurt of your choice for a complete and healthy breakfast.
- Store the cooled granola in an airtight container.