Eggs, Kale, and Ricotta on Toast
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups chopped, trimmed kale, stem removed (about 1 large bunch)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices rustic bread, toasted
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic until barely golden, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Add kale and the water; cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add lemon juice and salt, and season with pepper; stir to combine.
- Spread each slice of bread with half of the cheese.
- Top with kale mixture, dividing evenly.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in another skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into the skillet, one at a time. Cook until whites are just set, about 2 minutes. With a spatula, carefully place each egg on each piece of toast, and serve.